Deserving Greenbeans ----- When we don't get what we deserve It's a real good thing When we get what we don't deserve It's a real good thing ----- The anger in Uranus's eyes was like a smoldering fire, contained for the moment, but ready to explode with the slightest prodding. Her partner, Neptune, stood besides her in a battle stance, ready to attack the one standing in front of them. They had nearly *died* because of her. All of them had nearly died. It was her stupidity, her incompetence, that had almost cost them the world. The Silence had been upon them. She had to pay for this mistake. They confronted her at their former school, the headquarters of the Death Busters. The ruins of the complex were nothing compared to the ruin that was certain had Master Pharaoh 90 gotten a hold of this planet. She stood there, oblivious to their intent. It didn't take the other girls long to figure it out. They wanted to assist her, but she called them off. It was between her and them. This child had almost cost them everything. Foolishness it was to *hand over* the one item Mistress 9 needed to call forth the Silence. They had protested at such a move but the girl did it any ways. Captured, helpless, useless, their lives left to the fate that had guided them this far. They could do nothing but watch the events played out before them. For all their training, it hadn't proven to be enough in the end. This frustrated them. Why should the fate of the world be left to this childling?! She wasn't capable of making such a decision. She couldn't take the life of an innocent for the sake of the world. She wasn't as tempered as they were. They were refined by the mission, by the pressure, to the state of hardened steel. She stood before them, protector of the innocent. No one was innocent. No one was pure. Everyone had their own crimes, their own daemons to face. And she protected them all with the same blind judgement that believed that everyone had some goodness within them. How *could* she do this? Was she naive? Oblivious to the darker side of people?? Certainly she could see the evil that was within people. If she could see the good, why was she blind to the evil? Neptune surged forward to attack the smaller girl. Uranus launched into a jumping attack. They would catch her in a pincer attack and finish this quickly. The person who had nearly ended the world did not deserve to go unpunished! She stood there unmoving as the other girls screamed at her to do something. Stupid girl! Why don't you move?! Why don't you block? Why don't you cringe in fear and beg for mercy? A bright light flashed. They had seen her change into Sailor Moon before, but this time it was different. The light of it dazzled them both. Her ordinary clothes melted away as a purer form emerged. Uranus crashed into Neptune, having avoided the girl but not enough to spare her partner with the momentum behind her. They watched the girl before them with widening eyes. It was too much for them to bear. They averted their eyes from the pure form standing there. She was a sample of an unattainable state. Is this why she could only see good? The evil of the soul would not stand a chance when matched against the all encompassing pureness of her existence. Was there evil in her perception of the world? They knelt before her on bended knee. The turmoil that resided within them was calmed by her. They saw that now. With a nod she released them from their past transgressions. What a person had done in the past did not matter to her as long as they were willing to change. It was a simple thing to ask. ----- When we don't get what we deserve It's a real good thing When we get what we don't deserve It's a real good thing Mercy Mercy ***** Lyrics from 'Real Good Thing' are copyright Star Song Productions. Performed by the Newsboys on the album 'Going Public'.