It was a dark and stormy night... but that was last night. Today was cheerfully pleasant with happy sunbeams dancing on the lush green grasses that swayed in the yard of the home owned by Ten'ou Haruka and Kaioh Michiru. And being that is was such a perfectly nice day, they decided to go on a picnic. This presented a slight problem in that they wanted it to be just the two of them. To resolve this, they sent Hotaru off to go play with Chibi-Usa (where ever when she may be..) Setsuna presented a bit more of a problem since she would not be so easily amused. The solution presented itself when Michiru recalled Mamoru mentioning that he would be studying at the library today. Someone with Setsuna's knowledge would surely be an asset to the young prince. [Insert ecchi thoughts here]. That done, HarukaandMichiru packed themselves a picnic basket filled with the most delightful of foodstuffs. (So delightful that this naive author has no knowledge of them, but they were delightful, trust me). Hand in hand they skipped out to Haruka's yellow sports car. Once the basket was squirreled away in the back seat, they hopped in and *vroom* left for the park. The drive to the park was an uneventful one except for an encounter with a police official who was upset for some reason. Michiru felt bad about this, so she waved merrily at him as they sped past. For some reason, this didn't improve his outlook on things. Haruka shook her head and sped up, not wanting his thundercloud to rain on their parade. Arriving at the park in record time (quite literally), Haruka parked the car, then engaged the car alarm (which included such goodies as siren, flashing lights, electrified chassis, bat signal..). Michiru took up Haruka's hand and merrily they skipped along to a secluded creek where they could be alone to enjoy nature. Happy squirrels skittered across their path before they selected an appropriately private location. Haruka (acting the part of gentleman, despite her wishing to break the role she has been cast in since day one of being masculine) laid out a blanket that was patterned with colorful checks of red and white. (Red secretly being Michiru's favorite color, though it clashes terribly with her hair). The basket of foodstuffs was placed between them. A moment passed before Haruka opened the basket and pulled out the first entree of today's meal. Shyly, a curious squirrel scampered onto the blanket and up to basket. Michiru giggled as the kawaii squirrel charmed her with its dark eyes. It waggled it's bushy tail, then came closer to the soldier of embrace. She held out her hand with a piece of food on her delicate fingertips. The squirrel came closer to examine the offered morsel. Golden light flashed and a now beheaded squirrel lay on the blanket. Haruka sniffed then levered the squirrel bits into a nearby bush before putting the Space Sword away. Michiru raised a questioning eyebrow at the amount of her lover's jealousy. Haruka quickly amended by pointing how that the squirrel stains matched the red of the blanket before snuggling closer. The poor forest creature was quickly forgotten in light of the attentions Haruka was now lavishing upon her. The rushing waters of the stream covered the noises of HarukaandMichiru's snuggling. (It's a small stream, but very noisy, especially when small children may be exposed to other's indiscretions). They snuggled. And snuggled. And snuggled some more. Then the park ranger came by to close the park for the evening, but a cold glare from Haruka convinced him to find somewhere else to be. (That and the Space Sword, but we shan't go into that). By this time, the other squirrels had organized a militia and were going to plan retaliation against the one who murdered their brother. The squirrel surrounded the blanket on all sides. HarukaandMichiru were oblivious to their furry lil guests. With a gnashing of teeth and squeaky battle cry, the squirrels charged. Michiru noticed a nibbling on her ankle when Haruka was quite definitely nibbling a bit higher then that. Now, even accounting for Haruka's incredible skills, this isn't quite possible. Michiru pointed this out to Haruka, who thought she was doing pretty damn well and didn't need any pointers. A squirrel launched itself at her head, clinging to the back of it. Haruka then realized the problem. The situation (especially the squirrel on her head) was intolerable. She henshined into her fuku (noting that it's the most clothing she's warn in hours) then turned around to kick some squirrel ass. Neptune had her back. Thankfully, she did stop long enough to remove the critter that clung to her before doing her posing. It was a fierce battle with fur flying everywhere. Enough fur to make a new coat for Michiru, but they could pick up carcasses later. The squirrel army was leaving its mark as well, in the form of scratches and eaten rations formally belonging to the murderous Uranus and Neptune. Once all was said and done and stopped moving, Uranus and Neptune took in their surroundings. No longer was it a happy day (it was night). The winds the whisped through the trees carried the scent of blood upon them. Neptune hung her head in remembrance of the lives lost. Even though they were enemies, she still respected squirrel kind for its bravery in the face of such odds. Uranus placed an arm around Neptune's shoulders, directing her away from the scene. This was no longer a place for them to lie together. No, their picnic would be moved to another park and continued...